I’ve been using VirtualBox for over a year and I’m pretty happy with it but I wanted to see if new releases of VMware and Parallels can give me even better IO performance. This is a very simple and coarse test but it clearly indicates that I should give VMware a try.
- Guest: Windows 7 64bit SP1
- Guest: 8 CPUs and 4GB of RAM
- Guest: Vendor specific additions installed
- VMware: Workstation 8.0.3
- Parallels: Workstation 6.0.13950
- VirtualBox: 4.1.12
- CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1c was run 3 times for each app + host